Q&A: Blouse Are Ready For Iceland Airwaves
By Staff on October 15, 2012
Portland based band, Blouse are one of two lucky US bands who won this year's Reyka Vodka Breakthrough at Iceland Airwaves contest. We caught up with them to ask a few questions on what they hope to experience later this month in Reykjavik, Iceland.
1.What was your reaction to finding out you had won Reyka's Breakthrough at Iceland Airwaves contest?
2. Have you ever travelled to Iceland before? If not, what do you think it will be like?
No, none of us have been. I think it will be like this: https://vimeo.com/9553745
3. What are you most looking forward to about performing on the Iceland Airwaves stage?
We just heard that our official show will be at a German bar. I think it’ll be surreal playing to a crowd of Icelandic people at a German bar.
4. What are you most looking forward to doing in Iceland?
Submerging myself in the Blue Lagoon.
5. Other than your gear, name 3 "must pack" items you plan on bringing to Iceland.
A fur coat, Chinese herbs, and orange lipstick.
6. What have you found to be the best way to keep warm when it's freezing outside?
Wearing cashmere socks.
7. What's the strangest food you've ever eaten?
Some ambiguous little bowls of things in Japan. I can’t say I knew what they were.
8. Are any Icelandic bands currently on your iPod?
Yes! Sigur Rós. I think we’re all looking forward to hearing more Icelandic bands at this festival.