FILTER’s Top Ten of 2009: Paper Route
By Staff on December 24, 2009
It's December, which could only mean one thing: top 10 lists. FILTER has taken this end-of-the-year sacrament to the extreme with its Top 10 of 2009 series. Each day this month, FILTER is presenting lists of the best albums of the year from not only its staff members, but also exclusive guest artists.
Electro Nashville quartet Paper Route have had a big year, making their major label debut with Absence, a record full of M83-inspired synth. They also caught the eye of fellow Nashville natives Paramore and recently wrapped up a tour with the seemingly unlikely tourmates. The guys took a break from their heavy schedule to shed some light to FILTER on their top albums of 2009.
Paper Route's Top 10 of 2009
1. Bat For Lashes- Two Suns
2. Manchester Orchestra- Mean Everything To Nothing
3. Silversun Pickups- Swoon
4. Animal Collective- Merriweather Post Pavillion
5. Grizzly Bear- Veckatimest
6. Brand New- Daisy
7. Wilco- Wilco (The Album)
8. Phoenix- Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix
9. Fiery Furnaces- Friendly Fires
10. Wild Beasts - Two Dancers