FILTER’s Top 5 Stories of The Week (In Case You Missed It)
By Staff on January 26, 2013
Sometimes you just can't bring yourself to read every single thing that goes up on the internet. Who has time to go through all of those cat gifs and youtube comments besides us? Don't worry, we get it, and we want to help!
Here for your weekend round-up reading pleasure are the top stories that FILTER had to offer this past week in a delicious bite-size format. Dig in!
1. COACHELLA LINEUP REVEALED: While many of the wild rumors did not come to fruition, we are pretty impressed by the amount of FILTER faves are on this list: Blur, The Postal Service, Lou Reed, Passion Pit, Band of Horses, Local Natives, Japandroids plus so many more...and that's just FRIDAY!
2. THE HERE AND NOW’S “KEEP ME IN YOUR HEART”: This song makes an unbelievable use of its four minutes, full of grungey guitar, melodic keys, and Day's unpredictable vocals that switch from tuneful to acidic as the track progresses, causing a sincere despair to emerge each time the chorus is uttered.
3. THE POSTAL SERVICE REUNION: On April 8, the Give Up Deluxe 10th Anniversary Edition will be released in the UK and Europe, and on April 9, North Americans can get their hands on a copy as well.
4. VAMPIRE WEEKEND’S NEW ALBUM: Vampire Weekend has divulged details about their nameless upcoming release via twitter and their official site. What can we gather from today's reveal? That there will be a new VW LP released on May 7, 2013 and that they are done with the recording process.
5. SIGUR ROS ON REDDIT: January 24th at 12pm (PST) the group will be available to the entire web world and promises to "do their best to answer honestly" from their recording studio in Los Angeles. The group will also premiere a video clip of new material scheduled to go live simultaneously during the hour long discussion.