FILTER’s Top 10 of 2013: Wildcat! Wildcat!
By Staff, photo by Ben Wightman on December 17, 2013
When it comes to end-of-year lists, it's definitely not all about us; we love to know what our favorite musicians and artists have been digging the most out of 2013, too, and we're thrilled to share those lists here.
We've seen the boys of Wildcat! Wildcat! in places like Austin and Santa Ana, but they're definitely LA natives. For their end of the year list, they're teaching us a little bit more about Los Angeles, so find out how many of these "facts" you already knew!
Wildcat! Wildcat!'s Top 10 Strangest Facts About Los Angeles in 2013
10. LA's full name is "El Pueblo de Nuestra Senora la Reina de Los Angeles de Porciuncula" which means "The Village of Our Lady, the Queen of the Angels of the river of Porziuncola."
9. There is an LA city law that prevents human beings from marrying rocks.
8. Animals are banned from mating publicly within 1,500 feet of a tavern, school, or place of worship.
7. It is illegal to manufacture pickles in the industrial zone of downtown LA.
6. The average LA citizen consumes 250 tacos a year.
5. You can be fined up to $500 for setting a mousetrap without a hunting license.
4. The Getty Museum hires goats every spring to eat away the brush around the hills of the building.
3. It is illegal to place two children under the age of two in a bathtub at the same time.
2. The city moves approximately one-quarter of an inch to the east every year.
1. For some reason that, despite extensive scientific research, remains unknown, potato chips weigh more in LA than any other part of America.