FILTER’s Top 10 of 2013: David Chang
By Staff on December 23, 2013
When it comes to end-of-year lists, it's definitely not all about us; we love to know what our favorite musicians and artists have been digging the most out of 2013, too, and we're thrilled to share those lists here.
David Chang, founder of Momofuku, spent the year on a number of interesting (and, of course, delicious) enterprises, including continuing the publication of Lucky Peach (a savory, quarterly food journal co-created with New York Times writer Peter Meehan, and published by McSweeney's) and appearing on Deltron 3030's Event II. Below, Chang gives us an excellent list of of his favorite albums of 2013.
David Chang's Top 10 of 2013
01. Deltron 3030, Event II
02. Bob Dylan, Self Portrait (reissue)
03. Yo La Tengo, Fade
04. Daft Punk, Random Access Memories
05. Superchunk, I Hate Music
06. Arcade Fire, Reflektor
07. Queens of the Stone Age, .....Like Clockwork
08. Dean Wareham, Emancipated Hearts EP
09. Mazzy Star, Seasons of Your Day
10. Local Natives, Hummingbird