FILTER’s Top 10 of 2013: Brandon Schwartzel, of FIDLAR
By Staff; photo by Christel Robleto on December 9, 2013
When it comes to end-of-year lists, it's definitely not all about us; we love to know what our favorite musicians and artists have been digging the most out of 2013, too, and we're thrilled to share those lists here.
FIDLAR had a busy year. After releasing their excellent self-titled debut in January, tripped out in their video for "Max Can't Surf," teamed up with Nick Offerman for a hilarious video of "Cocaine," and dropped a new single called "Awkward." Bassist Brandon Schwartzel supplied us with a pretty great list of his favorite music and moments from the past year. Check it out below.
Brandon Schwartzel's Top 10 of 2013
1) "Meat Market's 7 inch with 'Too Tired' and 'The Return of Prince Donathunn' put out on Suicide Squeeze Records."
2) "The guttural sounds of the Tasmanian Devil we watched run around in circles for hours during our first visit to Australia."
3) "The impromptu song played for us by the 'Quack Like a Duck' dude from YouTube while eating falafel at ACL."
4) Fuzz, Fuzz (IN THE RED)
5) "Being real stoned and listening to Death Cab for Cutie play Transatlanticism in its entirety at Bumbershoot Festival."
6) "Silverlake's (Los Angeles) number one pop country band, Jackson Tanner."
7) "Alfonso Cuaron's new space thriller, Gravity starring the captivating Sandra Bullock."
8) "Together Pangea's 'Offer' off of Snakedog."
9) "Iggy Pop and The Stooges' set at The Mohawk during SXSW."
10) "D. Wing's 'Do U,' available exclusively on Soundcloud."