Filter’s Top 10 Albums of 2008
By Staff on November 25, 2008
That special time of year has rolled around again and nestled in between the turkey, yams and various fixin’s, you will find Filter’s Top 10 Albums of the year. Yes, we’ve been able to cut out the fist-fights, name-calling and simmering resentment of years past and put aside our personal predilections for Norwegian speed-metal or modern polka hits to unite together and get our yearly rundown out to you, our gentle readers, before the holiday crush. So make no mistake, these are without doubt the finest records of the year; they all come highly recommended and would look and sound smashing in your collection.
As well as the Official Filter Top 10, you can check out our individual staff pick breakdowns here to see who else was in the running, and let us know your thoughts in the comment section below!
Filter Top 10 Albums of The Year:
1. MGMT, Oracular Spectacular (Columbia
2. Fleet Foxes, Fleet Foxes (Sub Pop)
3. Dr. Dog, Fate (Park the Van)
4. TV On The Radio, Dear Science (Interscope)
5. Foals, Antidotes (Sub Pop)
6. Bon Iver, For Emma, Forever Ago (Jagjaguwar)
7. She and Him, Volume One (Merge)
8. M83, Saturdays = Youth (Mute U.S)
9. Cut Copy, In Ghost Colors (Modular/Interscope)
10 The Dears, Missiles (Dangerbird)