FILTER Good Gift Guide, Day 15: John Varvatos Eyewear Will Rock Your Face Off
By Staff on December 21, 2012
’Tis the holiday season and here at FILTER we believe in giving gifts that keep on giving. So in the spirit of the holidays, throughout December we’ll be posting our Good Gift Guide ideas for your picky loved ones.
Though this sentence marks the beginning of the end of the 2012 Good Gift Guide (and what better day to end the Gift Guide than the end of the world!), you can verify this fact: the gifts have yet to dwindle in awesomeness.
Today's final installment—featuring edgy eyewear by the high-end menswear designer John Varvatos—is no different.
Below are three JV frames that stole our staff's hearts this season due to their classic styles with an additional rock and roll twist. Don't kid yourself; you've never seen specs this cool.
This incredible style comes in black, tortoiseshell, and a funky clear-and-back combo—and there is a guitar head design on the hinge break, so you can subtly feel like a baller from profile-view. Not only do they look good, but there is 100% UV protection. John doesn't clown around. $240
John Varvatos is seriously one sneaky genius when it comes to decorating hinges. This time: a fleur-de-lys on each side. The square frame will make you feel like anything but a square, with its brushed metal detail, engraved signature, 100% UVA and UVB protection, and other thoughtful details. $230
Put a new spin on a traditional style with a pair of gold-colored wayfarers! As always, there is maximum protection from the sun's deathly rays, textured temples, an engraved signature on the lens, and more. $220
- FILTER Good Gift Guide, Day 10: Warner Bros. Special Edition Gifts
- FILTER Good Gift Guide, Day 11: Host A Movie Marathon With These Timeless DVDs and Blu-ray Editions
- FILTER Good Gift Guide, Day 12: Grow A Third Eye This Holiday With The Samsung SmartCam IP Camera
- FILTER Good Gift Guide, Day 13: Peep RedBubble To See What Gifts You’re Missing Out On
- FILTER Good Gift Guide, Day 14: Bring On The Beautiful Noise Complaints: Speaker Roundup
- FILTER Good Gift Guide, Day 15: John Varvatos Eyewear Will Rock Your Face Off
- FILTER Good Gift Guide, Day 1: Vans And Iron Maiden: The Number Of The Beast Slip-On and Sk8-Hi
- FILTER Good Gift Guide, Day 2: Sony Legacy Holiday 2012 Box Sets: “Complete Albums Collections”
- FILTER Good Gift Guide, Day 3: Mikey Digital And Spark Digital Summon Your Inner Rockstar
- FILTER Good Gift Guide, Day 4: Yurbuds Sport Earphones: Guaranteed To Help You Rock Out On Workouts
- FILTER Good Gift Guide, Day 5: Film Epic Holiday Shenanigans Via The Black Swann Helicopter
- FILTER Good Gift Guide, Day 6: Yo Gabba Gabba!: ‘The Super Music Friends Show Album’ For All Ages
- FILTER Good Gift Guide, Day 8: Dr. Martens Hooks You Up For The Holidays: Boots, Shirts, Bags
- FILTER Good Gift Guide, Day 9: Booze Roundup: Spirits To Get You In The Holiday Spirit